Establish a clear vision,
themes and goals.
Why is it important to get right?
Strategy serves as a compass by guiding your team towards a desired destination. It provides a clear direction and gives a focus to decision-making and resource allocation, ensuring that everybody's efforts are aligned towards achieving the same goals.
A clear strategy additionally helps to mitigate risk by considering potential challenges and opportunities in advance and preparing for them.
What are the key areas to cover?
- Environment analysis: competitors, positioning and macro trends.
- Target markets: customers and segmentation.
- Goal setting and projections.
- Activity prioritisation and roadmapping.
- Financial planning.
- Resource allocation.
What are the consequences of inaction?
Setting a strategy involves analysis, tough decisions and clear communication to achieve internal alignment. If done right, your team will have a clear and motivating path forward.
If not, your team is likely to encounter:
- A lack of consistent focus and direction.
- Ineffective allocation of team members and creation of silos.
- Difficulty measuring the success of activities.
- Inability to quickly adapt to changing market forces.
- Decreased employee morale, motivation and retention.
- Ultimately, the potential for business failure.
How can ProductPartner help?
Fortunately, we have led strategy across a large number of organisations and sectors. You can lean on our expertise.
We are able to assist your team to:
- Evaluate your pre-existing strategy.
- Structure effective strategy sessions.
- Gather landscape knowledge and insight.